Changing It Up

Hank – We left the hotel at 10:00 and I endured 10 miles of intense pain as we rolled west to east through Syracuse. We stopped for lunch and to talk about what to do next. Riding in pain takes my focus off my surroundings. I don’t see anything notable unless Kathy points it out. I don’t feel like taking pictures. I just want to hurry and get the ride over with. We we’re supposed to ride to Lake Delta State Park, a 54-mile trip, and camp there. That wasn’t going to happen. After talking it over we opted for another hotel night. Then tomorrow we’ll get a rental car for about five days. We’ll sight see on the way to Vermont and then try getting back on the bikes. The simple act of putting my arm out in front of me causes pain. Its very frustrating. Hopefully this rest will help. Total mileage for the day was 16.

About the author hankgreer

All posts by hankgreer →

12 Comments

1. Just checking in to give your our good wishes for your shoulder Hank. Rest and heal. Incredible trip you two are having. Thanks for letting us share vicariously. May the wind be at your back. Best from Paul and Sheila. BTW Karma is now a BIG hit with seven Brunton grandchildren ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ

1. Thank you, Sheila. We hope you and Paul are doing well.

2. Sorry to hear about your intense pain, Hank. I hope that you can enjoy your five day hiatus and that you can successfully manage your pain.

Garry

Garry Kehr

Sent from my iPhone

3. So sorry for your pain. Hopefully, the car ride will allow you to enjoy the beauty and history that New England has to offer!
    Be safe.
    bobj

4. Sorry for your shoulder trouble. I had a frozen one at one time, with surgery and pt. The therapist told me that shoulder pain is the worst, and she had seen big, strong men brought to their knees with the pain. Hope it gets better soon.

5. This is more than 24 hours Hank.
    We all know your will and determination. As one classic overachiever to another, breaks in the routine are occasionally necessary. We’ll all be just fine without your joyful riding stories. ENJOY sights!

1. Thank you, Dave. ๐Ÿ‘

6. Hey Hank, sorry to hear the pain level has increased. Hoping for the best.

1. Me, too. ๐Ÿ‘ Thank you.